David Sentelle, DMD, PhD, MPH is a board certified pediatric dentist in Frisco, Texas. Dr. Sentelle specializes in advanced pediatric dentistry by providing traditional and innovative dental care in a fun and supportive family oriented environment.
David Sentelle, DMD, PhD, MPH
Board Certified Pediatric Dentist
Frisco Kid’s Dentistry
6801 Warren Parkway, Suite 115
Frisco, TX 75034
Monday – Thursday 8:00 Am – 5:00 PM
Friday 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Closed for lunch from 12:30-2:00
Dr. David Sentelle is a Board Certified Pediatric Dentist who loves his job. He completed his Pediatric Dental residency and internship at Texas A&M Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas, Texas. Dr. Sentelle completed his dental school training at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston. He also earned a PhD in Biochemistry and his research on oral cancer tumor suppression was published in Nature Chemical Biology. Prior to dental school and PhD training, he received a Masters Degree in Public Health from Drexel University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Dr. Sentelle wants to make going to the dentist a great experience for you and your child. Through his pediatric training, he has worked with children from all backgrounds with complex medical needs. He knows every child is unique and requires tailored care. He will collaborate with your child’s pediatrician and medical team to optimize their development and oral health.
Dr. Sentelle understands the joys and hardships of raising children. He has four of his own and they definitely keep his life entertaining! He and his wife Alice met at Clemson University and have been married for 12 years. They are involved in their church and help with ReEngage, a marriage ministry, as well as Young Life. Dr. Sentelle loves being outdoors and tries to take his kids fishing whenever he gets a chance. He looks forward to meeting you and your family!
Curriculum Vitae – David Sentelle, DMD, PhD, MPH
|Texas A&M University, Baylor College of Dentistry
Specialty Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry
June 2014-June 2016
|Medical University of South Carolina
DMD: College of Dental Medicine
PhD: Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
|Charleston, South Carolina
May 2007-May 2014
|Drexel University School of Public Health
Master of Public Health
Concentration: Environmental & Occupational Health
September 2005- May 2007
|Clemson, South Carolina
August 1999-May 2003
Activities and Interests
- Safe and Effective Sedation of the Pediatric Dental Patient: AAPD CE Course, 2018, Austin, TX
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider: Current
- Texas Dental Association: Representative on Committee for Public Health and Access to Care 2018-Current
- Active Member of the AAPD, TAPD, and Greater Dallas Pediatric Dental Society
- Academy of Laser Dentistry Certified Provider
- Basic Life Saving Provider: Current
- Oral Myofunctional Therapy in the Pediatric Dental Population: 2018, Dallas, TX
- Tongue- and Lip-Ties: Diagnosis and Treatment with Soft-Tissue Lasers: Tufts University 2017, Boston, MA
- Texas Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Meeting 2015, San Antonio, TX
- Southwestern Society of Pediatric Dentistry: Early Orthodontic Treatment CE Course 2014, New Orleans, LA
- Texas A&M Baylor College of Dentistry Sealant Day: 2015
- Ad Hoc Committee on Research: Appointed by faculty members, 2008-2014
- Honor Council Representative: Elected by peers, 2007-2009
- Drexel U. Public Health Day Planning Committee: 2006
- Drexel U. Public Health in Medicine Association: Co-Founder 2005-2007
- School of Public Health Student Government Organization: Class Representative
- Medical University of South Carolina’s Children’s Hospital Volunteer: 2005
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry: Board Certified
- 2014 Presenter: Hinman Dental Conference, Atlanta Georgia
- 2013 ADEA Gies/AADR Academic Dental Careers Fellow
- Second Place: MUSC Scholars Day (2013)
- 2013 Travel Award to Hinman Dental Conference, Atlanta Georgia
- First Place: MUSC Scholars Day (2012)
- Dean’s List: Medical University of South Carolina (2012-year) (2013-year)
- 6th International Charleston Ceramide Conference 2011 Travel Award for Oral Presentation; Villars, Switzerland
- NRSA F30 Fellowship: National Institutes of Health-NIDCR 2009-2014
- Poster Presentation at NIH/NIDCR Dentist Scientist Training
- APHA Conference Presentation: Contributor (2006)
- Dean’s List: Fall Semester 2001 (Clemson University)
- Academic Honor Level Graduate: Clemson University
- Heritage Community Services: Excellence in Teaching Award
- Ceramide targets autophagosomes to mitochondria and induces lethal mitophagy. Sentelle RD, Senkal CE, Jiang W, Ponnusamy S, Gencer S, Selvam SP, Ramshesh VK, Peterson YK, Lemasters JJ, Szulc ZM, Bielawski J, Ogretmen B.
Nature Chemical Biology, 11 October 2012; 8: 831-838.
- Off-Target Function of the Sonic Hedgehog Inhibitor Cyclopamine in Mediating Apoptosis via Nitric Oxide-Dependent Neutral Sphingomyelinase 2/Ceramide Induction. Meyers-Needham M, Lewis JA, Gencer S, Sentelle RD, Saddoughi SA, Clarke CJ, Hannun YA, Norell H, da Palma TM, Nishimura M, Kraveka JM, Khavandgar Z, Murshed M, Cevik MO, Ogretmen B.Mol Cancer Ther. 2012 May;11(5):1092-102. Epub 2012 Mar 27.
- Sphingosine kinase-1 and sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor 2 mediate Bcr-Abl1 stability and drug resistance by modulation of protein phosphatase 2A.
Salas A, Ponnusamy S, Senkal CE, Meyers-Needham M, Selvam SP, Saddoughi SA, Apohan E,Sentelle RD, Smith C, Gault CR, Obeid LM, El-Shewy HM, Oaks J, Santhanam R, Marcucci G, Baran Y, Mahajan S, Fernandes D, Stuart R, Perrotti D, Ogretmen B.
2011 Jun 2;117(22):5941-52. Epub 2011 Apr 28.
- Sphingolipids and cancer: ceramide and sphingosine-1-phosphate in the regulation of cell death and drug resistance.Ponnusamy S, Meyers-Needham M, Senkal CE, Saddoughi SA, Sentelle D, Selvam SP, Salas A, Ogretmen B.
Future Oncol. 2010 Oct;6(10):1603-24.Review.
Dr. David Sentelle is now accepting new patients! Dr. Sentelle is excited to serve your families’ oral health and wellness in unique ways with specialized qualifications including:
- Proud Husband and Parent: David & Alice reside in Frisco Texas with their four young children
- Board Certified Pediatric Dentist: Board Certified with the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Member, TAPD Member, TDA Active Council Member, ADA Member
- Laser Procedures: Certified with the Academy of Laser Dentistry to perform laser procedures that release tongue/lip ties and enhance breast feeding, reduce speech and airway issues, enhance esthetics
- White Crowns: Fabricated with Esthetic Biocompatible Zirconia: Sprig University Certified
- Sedation Pediatric Dentistry: including oral conscious sedation, IV sedation, and Hospital sedation with privileges at Children’s Health
- Scientific Evidence Conscious: PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology paired with Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) and Master’s in Public Health (MPH) with Pediatric Dental Specialty Training from Texas A&M Baylor College of Dental Medicine, Children’s Medical Center and Texas Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas.
- Pediatric Airway and Sleep Disordered Breathing: Advanced training from the Interdisciplinary Stanford Dental Sleep Medicine Symposium focusing on early diagnosis and intervention.